Tuesday, January 25, 2011

DIY or DIE? part deux

Welllll. I done went and did it! I really didn't take any typical diy pics. I think you can figure it out...two lipsticks, a bowl, and a spoon. Mix. BAM. Awesome lipstick color. I think I am still a hair off on the color but I like how the two shades mixed together so I'm contemplating whether I want to raid my stash or not. Sometimes you just need to leave well enough alone! :-)

I used Revlon's Strawberry Suede and Milani's Rose Hip. Alone, these two shades rock my world. The Revlon color can be used during the day and is great in the summer. I am so in love with the Milani shade. It is truly one of my favorites. There is nothing better than a blue-toned neon pink lipstick!! If I have a bad day I definitely swipe it on before a night out!

Now, please excuse my beautimous face. I've been up since 5:30 am so cut me a little slack. ;-)

The pic really doesn't do it any justice...stupid point and shoot distorts the color. I probably should have applied it with a heavier hand, but the bright shade was a bit of a shock to my washed out face!



SO. Lesson learned? I can make a beautiful shade that a makeup artist can! Oh...I stored the mixed color in a gloss container with a screw on cap. I no longer used the color in the container so I just cleaned it out to store the new awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment