Thursday, April 29, 2010

THE Shoes.



I love these shoes. I mean...I LOVVVVVVVVE these shoes!!! They were a gift from my uber-sweet boyfriend for my 30th birthday. It made being old just a smidge better. I think I have worn them maybe once after my birthday bash. And I don't really plan on wearing them again...

Wellllll, maybe one more time. Specifically whenever the BF and I decide to get hitched. I could care less if they match the colors we pick out or go with the vibe/theme. I WILL BE WEARING THESE SHOES!

They are currently sitting propped up in their box on my cluttered dresser. Every time I pass them I smile. They just make me happy. I really don't want to put so much of my happiness into something material....but they're red satin! And have little bows!!

I guess...the moral of the story is...the giddiness I feel when I look at the smooth lipstick-red satin is the same giddiness I feel when I look at my boyfriend. (Except, of course, when he's snoring...or working on his bear imitation...I'm still not convinced it's truly snoring.) And when we take some giant life changing plunge together I want to be reminded of that. So don't be surprised when we have children if I'm wearing them in the maternity ward.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment